Custom Fields vs. Customer Account Fields
There are many differences between the two apps and a few similarities.
- Both apps can deal with fields attached to customers.
- Both utilize the Metafields API in Shopify.
- Both allow admins to export customer field data.
- Both are accessed via a separate monthly subscription.
- Both are built by Bonify. ;)
Bonify Customer Account Fields
- Integrated with Shopify POS.
- Integrated into the customer registration and checkout flow in your store.
- Allows your customer to create and maintain their own profile on your site.
- Allows admins to set fields as hidden/admin only, or shown on the registration form and editable by the customer.
- Allows admins to create conditional form fields, triggered by responses to other questions.
- Includes a registration form editing tool, to allow admins to adjust the registration form layout.
- Instant searching, sorting, filtering, and exports of field data.
- Includes a searchable API for extracting data or updating data.
- Is integrated into Shopify as an embedded app, using Polaris.
- Allows admins to create fields that are either hidden from customers or read-only by customers.
- Allows admins to update Customer field data inside Shopify using our Chrome extension.